PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICIES
TUTORING PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
BOOKING ONGOING SESSIONS
Commitment for the school year is required to complete the registration process and book a weekly spot.
BOOKING SINGLE SESSIONS
Single session bookings are available to pay by the hour. However, to secure an ongoing spot, you must book in for the remainder of the year, and pay monthly.
With at least 24 hours’ notice, up to 4 sessions per year may be rescheduled, where possible, or a credit will remain on your account, until the end of the year. Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice are considered a late cancellation and are non-refundable and may not be rescheduled. Cancellations by phone or email must be made during our regular business hours (8:30 am-8:30 pm Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm Friday & Saturday). Cancellations The number of allowable cancellations will be pro-rated for students who start or end tutoring in the middle of the year.
If a student desires to withdraw from tutoring, weekly sessions may be cancelled ongoing by a parent with four weeks written notice. All sessions falling before and within the notice period must be paid for and are non-refundable. In the absence of four weeks’ notice, a fee will be charged, equivalent to four weeks of cancelled services. All sessions falling after the notice period will be cancelled at no charge, and, if pre-paid, will be refunded.
In rare cases, a tutor may have to cancel a scheduled session. We will do our best to reschedule the session to another convenient time for the student. If this is not possible, we will refund the session amount. The student will also have free use of study space support for the duration of the cancelled session.
We require equal monthly payments based on the number of tutoring hours per week ($300 for once per week, $600 for twice per week, etc). These payments will be due on the first of the month, and will, over the course of the year, cover all sessions booked (taking into account Stat holidays, Christmas and Spring Break). Before the end of the school year, we will balance the account, in order to capture any change in bookings, and in some cases, a payment for June will not be required. We will default to charging you monthly, although we welcome you to pay by term or by year as well.
POD PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
In many cases we will ask for the student to come in for a consultation to determine suitability for the desired class. Once we determine the Pod is a good fit, we will send a bill, and upon payment, the spot will be confirmed.
- If a student registers for a Pod and then decides to withdraw prior to the start of the Pod, they will be refunded the full cost of the class minus the cancellation fee (see below).
- For all school year Pods, a student may withdraw up to 14 days after the start of the Pod and receive a full refund for the class minus the cancellation fee. After that time, the fees are non-refundable.
- For summer academic credit Pods, a student may withdraw up to 7 days after the start of the Pod and receive a full refund for the class minus the cancellation fee. After that time, the fees are non-refundable.
- For week long Pods, there is no refund once the Pod has started.
POD CANCELLATION FEES
- $100.00 for all Pods over $1,000.00
- $50.00 for all Pods over $500.00
- $25.00 for all Pods under $500.00
All Pods must be pre-paid in full.
STUDY SPACE POLICIES
BOOKING STUDY SPACE
- Students are able to drop into study space at any time, provided they have pre-purchased hours.
- Hourly Study Space passes are available for purchase at any time, and hours are applicable to the end of BrainBoost’s summer program, following the school year in which the pass was active.
- Monthly Study Space passes should be purchased before the month begins. Once you sign up for a monthly pass, we will automatically sell you the same pass for each following month, unless a cancellation or change is communicated to us. Any unused hours within the month are not carried forward to the following months.
STUDY SPACE CANCELLATIONS
- Hourly Study Space passes are non-refundable and expire at the end of BrainBoost’s summer program, following the school year in which the pass was active.
- Monthly Study Space passes can be cancelled by the 25th of each month for the month following, and subsequent months.
STUDY SPACE ADJUSTMENTS
- We will track hours used, and are happy to share that information, if you are considering switching to a larger or smaller pass. If we notice a significant under or over-use, we will contact you and suggest a change.
We require pre-payment before accessing study space services. A pass, or drop-in hour, can be purchased, at any time, through our front desk staff.
GENERAL BILLING AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- All services must be pre-paid.
- For each service requested, you will receive an emailed bill. Once the bill is paid, the service will be booked.
- For monthly payment plans, a bill will be automatically emailed by the 28th of every month. Please pay by the 1st of each month.
- Payment can be made by cheque, cash, or e-transfer. We do not take credit or debit cards. For e-transfer instructions please contact us at 604-723-0904 or email [email protected]
RECEIPTS FOR PAYMENT
Once payment has been processed, a receipt will be emailed to you, and you can view and print a receipt through your BrainBoost Community account. Please let us know if you have any trouble accessing or printing receipts.
We charge a $25 administration fee for cheques returned to us as NSF.
THIRD-PARTY GOVERNMENTAL PAYMENTS
In some cases, services will be paid for in full, or part, by Governmental Funding, (MCFD, BC School Districts and other institutions). BrainBoost requires you to submit in writing from the relevant funder that we have been approved as a service provider for your child, as well as detail of the funded amount and corresponding timeline requirements.
Please note: Please remember that you are responsible for renewing government funding for your child on time and ensuring that regular funding comes through to BrainBoost to cover the services booked. Please be aware that, if calculations are done incorrectly and funding is not adequate to cover services rendered, you are responsible to pay any outstanding balances. Many funders will not pre-pay for services, however BrainBoost requires prepayment for services booked. For this reason, we ask the families to pay the initial prepayment to cover a full month’s worth of services. If we are able to get on a prepay cycle with the Funding provider, we can credit the initial payment back to the family.
*An administrative charge of $10.00 per month will be applied to all Third-Party accounts, to assist with necessary administrative procedures around billing and tracking. *
SPECIAL PAYMENT PLANS
If a client is unable to follow the policies and procedures listed above, they can talk to a Smooth Operator or Case Manager about being considered for a special payment plan. We will communicate with the client about their needs, devise a special payment plan that works for both parties, and complete a form to record our understanding in writing.
*In some cases an administrative charge of $50.00 will be applied to any special payment plans*