PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICIES 2018-2019
Payment & Cancellation Policy in a nutshell:
With at least 24 hours notice you can cancel up to 4 sessions at no charge. To cancel ongoing, you must give us 4 weeks written notice. You’ll receive an invoice each time your account shows only one tutoring visit remaining on credit. The invoice will charge for the next four weeks of booked services.
TUTORING PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
BOOKING ONGOING SESSIONS
Commitment for the school year is required to complete the registration process and book a weekly spot.
BOOKING SINGLE SESSIONS
Single session bookings are sometimes available and can be paid by the hour.
With at least 24 hours’ notice, up to 4 sessions per year may be cancelled at no charge. Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice are considered a late cancellation and will be charged. The number of allowable cancellations will be pro-rated for students who start or end tutoring in the middle of the year.
If a student desires to withdraw from tutoring before the end of the school year, a parent may cancel weekly sessions on an ongoing basis by giving four weeks written notice. All sessions falling before and within the notice period must be paid for and are non-refundable. In the absence of four weeks notice, a fee, equivalent to four weeks services, will be charged. All sessions falling after the notice period will be cancelled, and, if pre-paid, refunded.
In rare cases, a tutor may have to cancel a scheduled session. We will do our best to reschedule the session to another convenient time for the student. If this is not possible, we will credit the session to your account. The student will also have free use of study space support for the duration of the cancelled session.
You’ll receive an invoice each time your account shows only one tutoring visit remaining on credit. The invoice will charge for the next four weeks of booked services.
GROUP CLASS PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
In many cases we will ask for the student to come in for a consultation to determine suitability for the desired class. Once we determine the Class is a good fit, you will receive an invoice and, upon payment, the spot will be confirmed.
- If a student is registered for a Class and decides to withdraw prior to the start of the Class, you will be refunded the full cost of the class minus the cancellation fee (see below).
- For all school year Classes, a student may withdraw up to 14 days after the start of the Class and receive a full refund for the class minus the cancellation fee. After 14 days, all fees are non-refundable.
- For summer academic credit Classes, or classes shorter than a term, a student may withdraw up to 7 days after the start of the Class and you will receive a full refund for the class minus the cancellation fee. After 7 days, all fees are non-refundable.
- For week long Classes, there is no refund once the Class has started.
- If BrainBoost is unable to find enough students for a class, we reserve the right to cancel a class and we will refund all fees to each client.
GROUP CLASS CANCELLATION FEES:
- $150.00 for all Classes over $1,000.00
- $50.00 for all Classes over $500.00
- $25.00 for all Classes under $500.00
All Classes must be pre-paid in full.
STUDY SPACE POLICIES
BOOKING STUDY SPACE
- Students are able to drop into study space at any time, provided they have pre-purchased hours.
- Hourly Study Space passes are available for purchase at any time, and hours are applicable until the the end of the school year.
- Monthly Study Space passes are only available to clients who are also booked for tutoring. Once you sign up for a monthly pass, we will automatically invoice you for the same pass in each of the following months, unless a cancellation or change is communicated to us. Any unused hours within a month are not carried forward to the following months.
STUDY SPACE CANCELLATIONS:
- Hourly Study Space passes are non-refundable and expire at the end of the school year.
- Monthly Study Space passes can be cancelled by the 25th of each month for the month following, and subsequent months.
STUDY SPACE ADJUSTMENTS:
- We will track hours used and are happy to share that information at any time.
We require pre-payment before accessing study space services. A pass, or drop-in hour, can be purchased, at any time, through the front desk staff.
All students enrolled in the daytime tuition program, need to consult with a Case Manager to design a learning plan and determine suitability. Availability is subject to there being capacity within the classes and study space. Each month’s tuition payment must be paid at the beginning of the month.
STUDENT CANCELLATIONS – TUITION
If you withdraw your child from the program within the first two weeks of school, we will retain 50% of the deposit and the first month’s fees. No other payments will be necessary.
If you withdraw your child past the first two weeks of school, the deposit is non-refundable. If your child is unable to complete the school year for extraordinary circumstances, we require a minimum of one month’s notice, or a fee equivalent to one month’s tuition.
GENERAL BILLING AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- All services must be pre-paid.
- For each service requested, you will receive an emailed invoice. Once the invoice is paid, the service will be booked.
- Payment can be made by cheque, cash, or e-transfer. We do not take credit or debit cards. For e-transfer instructions please contact us at 604-723-0904 or email [email protected]
We schedule sessions for each student on a recurring weekly basis, from the time of booking, until June 14th, 2018, excluding all holidays that the government and VSB follow, except for pro-d Days, when we are open.
RECEIPTS FOR PAYMENT:
Once payment has been processed, a receipt will be emailed to you. You can view and print your receipts through your online account. Please let us know if you have any trouble accessing or printing receipts.
We charge an administration fee of $25.00 for cheques returned as NSF.
THIRD-PARTY GOVERNMENTAL PAYMENTS:
In some cases, services will be paid for in full, or part, by governmental funding, (MCFD, BC School Districts and other institutions). BrainBoost requires you to submit in writing from the relevant funder that it has been approved as a service provider for your child. We also need you to forward all details of the funded amount(s) and requirements.
Please note: Please remember that you are responsible for renewing government funding for your child on time and ensuring that regular funding comes through to BrainBoost to cover the services booked. Please be aware that, if calculations are done incorrectly and funding is not adequate to cover services rendered, you are responsible to pay any outstanding balances. Many funders will not pre-pay services, however BrainBoost requires prepayment for services booked. For this reason, we ask the families to pay the first month prepayment which covers a full month’s worth of services. That money will act as a deposit, and will be returned at the end of the year, assuming that all fees have been adequately covered by third-party funding. *Please be aware that an administrative charge of $10.00 per month will be applied to all Third-Party accounts, to assist with necessary administrative procedures around billing and tracking. *
SPECIAL PAYMENT PLANS:
If you are unable to follow the policies and procedures listed above please speak with a Smooth Operator or Case Manager about being considered for a special payment plan. We will discuss your needs and devise a special payment plan that works for both parties. In some cases an administrative charge of $50.00 will be applied to any special payment plans.
A small amount of bursary funds are available for those clients who may need support meeting our fees. Please inquire with Jessy Giammarino ([email protected]) about further detail.
Many families whose children are diagnosed with a learning disorder or mental health condition have found that – because of the therapeutic instruction at BrainBoost – the tuition fees at BrainBoost have been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a medical deduction. Please talk to your accountant or tax advisor regarding Qualifying Medical Expenses (QMEs) and health care trusts as they may apply to your family’s situation.
- Junior High Classes: $2600
- Senior High Classes: $1800-$2500
Study Space & Clubs:
- 1 hour drop-in: $35
- 10 hour pass: $300
- 20 hour pass: $540
- 50 hour pass: $1200
- 5 hours/month (packed with tutoring): $125/month
Tuition Yearly Fees- Junior High (grades 7-10)
- 5 days/week: $31,585
- Mondays: $5,855
- Tuesdays: $6,380
- Wednesdays: $6,485
- Thursdays: $6,485
- Fridays: $6,380
Tuition Yearly Fees- Senior High (grades 11-12)
- 1 day/week: $4000
- 2 days/week: $8,000
- 3 days/week: $10,000
- 4 days/week: $14,000
- 5 days/week: $16,000